For the past couple of weeks there have been numerous headlines in Australian media calling for “vaccine refusers” to lose certain public services and for unvaccinated children to be shunned by society, daycare, etc. There is even a campaign called “No jab, no play” (see links to stories below). This barrage of media coverage shows what you can do if you have big money behind you.
There have been articles in virtually every major Australian publication condemning the “uninformed, careless” parents who are choosing not to vaccinate. Medical and public health authorities have called for some drastic measures to stop them. (See links to stories below.)
It would appear there is a national campaign to frighten and shame those who have dared to choose their own path. In this backdrop comes news of a new documentary: Jabbed: Love, Fear and Vaccines.
While the trailer at least acknowledges that vaccines do cause harm, the intent of the trailer is clear: frighten the public into vaccinating. 1) Frighten the public with the message that danger lives amongst us in our interconnected world, then blame outbreaks of infectious diseases on rising rates of vaccine refusal (despite the evidence that most outbreaks of measles, mumps, pertussis are occurring in fully vaccinated populations and authorities have admitted vaccine failure is to blame, not rising rates of vaccine refusal). 2) Acknowledge that vaccines do harm some people but reassure viewers that those injuries are rare – despite there being not a single large controlled clinical study to prove that. (How about just one comparing the health outcomes of vaccinated and unvaccinated children?)
Unsurprisingly, the sources of funding for this project are primarily Australian government agencies. We guess if they don’t like parents choosing their own paths, they just use taxpayer money to shame and manipulate them.
Perhaps it is time for leadership to recognize that parents are refusing vaccines because of legitimate safety concerns which are well documented in the scientific literature (see our Catalogue of Science) and no amount of government funded or pharmaceutical funded media pieces are going to change that.
How can you help? Go online on every article covering this new film and the vaccine issue and post about The Greater Good. Explain that Jabbed was paid for by the Australian government, not an independent group free of conflicts of interest be they financial or ideological. If you don’t live in Australia, stay tuned, this film is coming to the US and Europe soon.
It is clear from the 24 news stories with links below that the way to make an impact on an issue is to have the big money of the government or the pharmaceutical industry behind you. Unfortunately, we don’t. But imagine how much more impact The Greater Good could have if we had the sponsorship they do. We could run a coordinated media campaign, run ads, translate into foreign languages, and much, much more.
If you would like to help us continue to get the word out, please consider supporting us with a donation. All contributions go to supporting our work and our campaigns to spread the word. Thanks for your support!
Here is a link to the first article we’ve seen on the new film Jabbed: Injection of Truth Into Debate
Following are the media pieces we saw in Australia in recent weeks:
1) Tony Abbott backs No Jab, No Play campaign
2) Immunisation debate splits communities
3) O’Brien: A pox on those who oppose vaccinations
4) Prove vaccinations or no enrolment
5) Prove vaccinations or no enrolment
6) Susie O’Brien: A pox on those who oppose vaccinations
7) Vaccination fighters put kids, elderly at risk, say doctors – Brisbane Times
8) Laws which give AVN power to silence lobby may save lives
9) Happy boy should still be with us
10) Australian Medical Association calls for mandatory proof of vaccination
11) No vaccine, no school, says AMA chief
12) Vaccination fighters put kids, elderly at risk, say doctors
13) Professor Ian Frazer backs our vaccine push
14) Victims of polio relive nightmare
15) refusers to still claim benefits
16) Vaccination rate needs a shot in the arm
17) Australian Medical Association angered over claims by president of the …
18) No vaccination doesn’t mean no problem
19) No jab, no play campaign reveals vaccination refusals high as babies die
20) Jabs fly in fight to raise rates of vaccination – Sydney Morning Herald
21) vaccination refusals high as babies die
22) Australian Medical Association angered over claims by president of the …
23) vaccination refusals high as babies die
24) No jab, no play campaign launched to ban unvaccinated kids from childcare …
[…] is being noted overseas as well with newsletters being issued by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, the Greater Good Movie, and other very popular alternative news sources. The eyes of the world are upon […]